Last year, Jamie Summerlin, a former Marine, ran across the country. His “Freedom Run” was done to benefit wounded veterans. Jamie works with Operation Welcome Home and Wounded Warriors.
Top 10 Fast Fun Facts about Jamie’s Run:
- Ran the equivalent of 132 marathons in 100 days
- Took six million steps to complete 3,452 miles
- Covered 16 states and Washington, D.C.
- Went through 10 pairs of running shoes
- Consumed 8,000-10,000 calories and burned 5,000-
7,000 calories per day
- Averaged 34.5 miles per day
- Consumed 25 watermelons, favorite refueling food
- Consumed 2-3 gallons of Gatorade per day and 9
gallons of Gatorade in 24 hours on last day; no
straight water during the trip
- Temperatures ranged from 25 degrees in Oregon to
over 100 degrees at times in West Virginia and
- Raised $50,000 for veteran-focused charities
Holabird Sports is hosting Jamie Summerlin to celebrate the anniversary of his cross-country run. Check out our Freedom Run Event page for more information.
Photo Credit: Tiffany Summerlin Photography