Who said motion control shoes have to be heavy? Not Mizuno. They will take a whole new approach to the motion control category with the January 2014 release of the Wave Paradox.
Soon, heavy overpronators can enjoy a ride much lighter than traditional motion control shoes. In the Paradox, Mizuno combines a breathable and virtually seamless upper with the new U4ic midsole technology which is 30% lighter and equally as soft as its predecessor, AP+. Born is a highly stable shoe that weighs an incredible 10.6 ounces for men (size 9) and 8.6 ounces for women (size 7).
Runners can expect the same level of stability as many motion control and “extra support” models. The Paradox sports a full-length Fan Wave that gives heavy pronators firm foot control in the heel and continued guidance into the midfoot stance.
Is it really possible that a motion control shoe can offer runners the same lightweight ride as many neutral and stability trainers? The Mizuno Wave Paradox’s combination of weight, support, and cushioning is, indeed, paradoxical.
But don’t wrap your mind around it too much. Just slip them on and enjoy your run.
Curious to learn more about the shoe? Dave Patterson, Mid-Atlantic Sales Manager for Mizuno, talks about just how groundbreaking the Wave Paradox is.
Mizuno Wave Prophecy 3
Mizuno’s max cushioning running shoe has undergone a major makeover! This October, Mizuno will release the Wave Prophecy 3 with a new and lively honeycomb design in the upper. Neutral gait runners who are looking for a highly-cushioned shoe that provides the most impact protection will find the Prophecy 3 to be their new best training partner.
What are the key takeaways from this model?
- Infinity Wave – The full-length Infinity Wave Plate has been fine-tuned to not only provide more cushioning but also to ensure a smoother ride and maximum shock absorbency with each step.
- U4ic Midsole – Not only is the shoe softer, but it is also lighter due to the introduction of the U4ic (pronounced “euphoric”) midsole compound. U4ic is equally as cushioned as its predecessor, AP+, but is 30% lighter.
- Dynamotion Fit – Dynamotion Fit in the upper to secure the foot, improve comfort, and relieve stresses on the foot.
The Prophecy 3 tips the scales at 11.9 ounces for men (half an ounce lighter than the Prophecy 2) and 9.6 ounces for women, and will be available at Holabird Sports in four, unique color ways:
- Dark Slate/Silver/Lime Punch – available Oct. 2013
- White/Black/Cyber Yellow – available Dec. 2013
- Olympian Blue/Silver – available Oct. 2013
- Dusty Aqua/Dark Slate/Bright Marigold – available Dec. 2013
Watch the video below for Mizuno Representative Dave Patterson’s presentation of the Wave Prophecy 3.