Maximize your performance with the lightweight Edge 500. This GPS-based cycling computer is designed for performance-driven cyclists and tracks your distance, speed, location and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. Use it with an ANT+™ heart rate monitor (included), speed/cadence sensor (included) or compatible power meter (sold separately) for a finely tuned analysis of your ride.
- Edge® 500
- Premium heart rate monitor
- Speed/cadence bike sensor
- Bike mount
- AC charger
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
- High sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix® satellite prediction quickly locks onto satellites.
- For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
- Works with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride.
- Courses feature lets you challenge your time on previous rides by displaying your speed relative to your past performance. You can also download rides from other Garmin Connect users for a virtual competition.
- Auto Pause® feature stops recording data when you're not moving, then automatically restarts when you're rolling again.
- With the Premium HRM (included) the Edge 500 tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart-rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance over the same ride.
- Once your ride is done, upload it to Garmin Connect to see the path you traveled on a map, analyze it, share it and view more detail like elevation.
- Compatible with Garmin Training Center® software.
- Virtual Partner® allows you to train against a digital person within a course.
- Auto Lap® automatically starts a new lap.
- Auto Scroll cycles through data pages during your workout.
- Create custom, goal-oriented advanced workouts.
- Time/distance alert triggers an alarm when you reach your specified goal.
- Heart rate based calorie computation.
- Customizable screens.
- Displays and records temperature while you ride.
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion - up to 18 hour battery life.
- Water resistant to IPX7. (one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- 128 x 160 Display resolution.
- 1.2" x 1.4" Display.
Garmin Cycling Unit Comparison Chart (Click Here)