GU Energy Gel provides just what you need for premium exercise fuel and none of the extras that slow you down. Simple to take, simple to digest and great tasting; GU takes you where you want to go, fast.
Whether you're just getting ready for competition or are already in the heat of battle, your body needs fuel-quick. GU Energy Gel is available in multiple flavors with varying caffeine content so you're sure to find a favorite that will push you to the next level.
Launched in 1991, the world's first energy gel is still the most efficient sports fuel available today. GU's carbohydrate blend delivers high-quality, easily-digested and long-lasting energy for athletes in every sport and at all levels.
GU Energy Gel packs 100 calories into every packet. 100 calories is an ideal serving size to suck down 15 minutes before training or racing in order to top off your electrolyte and glucose stores, followed by one every 30-45 minutes along the way, washed down with a few sips of fluid.
Energize, Sustain, Recover - GU's formula for success.
- Fast-acting natural fructose (fruit sugar) goes straight to work building your energy levels back up.
- Maltodextrin is quickly absorbed and sent to your muscles.
- Vital electrolytes keep your blood chemistry in line and hydration levels stable.
- Calcium keeps your muscles humming.
- Caffeine adds an extra kick to your power.
- Complex carbs in the form of maltodextrin (70-80% of the complex/simple carbohydrates blend) help you maintain glucose levels over time.
- Citrates (potassium citrate, sodium citrate and citric acid) help speed the conversion of these carbs into energy molecules and mitigate performance-sapping acid build-up in muscles.
- Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, valine and isoleucine, serve as another fuel source, aid in recovery and can improve mental performance and reduce fatigue by limiting the central nervous system's production of serotonin.
- Histidine, an essential amino acid, acts alongside the citrates as a buffer that helps neutralize lactic acid build-up in muscles.
- Antioxidant vitamins C & E defend muscles from assault by free radicals.
- Chamomile works as an anti-inflammatory during and after exercise.
- Ginger soothes the stomach.
- Sea salt supplies a host of minerals.
For optimum results, always drink at least 24-30 ounces of fluid per hour during training and racing.
Exact GU intake depends on the intensity of your pursuit and your body weight and fitness level. The fitter you are and the more efficient your metabolism, the more GU you can eat each hour, up to approximately 340 calories every 60 minutes.
Gu Energy Gel is kosher and gluten free.
Chocolate Outrage: 20mg Caffeine
Espresso Love: 40mg Caffeine
Jet Blackberry: 40mg Caffeine
Mandarin Orange: 20mg Caffeine
Salted Caramel: 20mg Caffeine
Salted Watermelon: 20mg Caffeine
Strawberry Banana: No Caffeine
Tri-Berry 20mg Caffeine
Vanilla Bean: 20mg Caffeine