The Stick Original
The Original Stick® is 24" long with a 15 spindle construction making it easy to address most muscle groups with ease. The most popular model among average male and females, the Original Stick® has been featured on USA Today
and HBO - Inside the NFL.
It is used to roll knots out of muscles providing myofascial release and trigger point therapy for immediate temporary pain relief. This therapeutic procedure inactivates trigger points (muscle knots/kinks), warms muscles, increases circulation and encourages nutrient rich blood flow. It relieves pain, increases range of motion, promotes flexibility and accelerates recovery.
The Stick® has been designed to provide relief for all muscle groups including arms, shoulders, legs, hips, neck and back. Tall and large individuals will require a longer Stick® to effectively work their body, while mid-sized and smaller individuals will enjoy a medium length Stick®.
- A typical warm-up for healthy muscle tissue is about 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group (about 30 seconds per area).
- Discomfort or pain is experienced when the spindles locate a bump or tender knot in the muscle - this is known a s a trigger point.
- Muscles containing trigger points are often weak, stiff and sore. They are frequently tight, easily tire and often hurt.
- Trigger points are contracted bundles of muss containing chronic trigger points need 20 additional passes over the involved area, and may require attention several times a day.
Tips for use:
- Keep muscles relaxed during rollout.
- Use on skin or through light clothing.
- The Stick® is waterproof and designed to bend without fear of breaking.
- It is not necessary to hurt the muscle in order to help the muscle.
- Use before, during and after periods of activity.
- For pinpoint rollout, slide hands onto spindles.
- The amount of pressure is always determined by the recipient.