GU Roctane Energy Gel 24 Pack
With an advanced formula, GU Roctane Energy Gel amplifies the original GU Energy Gel's recipe and adds new ingredients to further boost your performance in sustained, high-intensity efforts. Simple, fast and more effective than ever.
- 100 calories per pack.
- Original GU's superior mix of complex and simple carbohydrates providing quick and sustained energy, electrolytes for replenishment and caffeine to tap more power and diminish pain.
- An increased amount of histidine, an essential amino acid, acts as a buffer and slows the energy-sapping lactic acid build-up in muscles.
- Higher levels of citrates (potassium citrate, sodium citrate, and citric acid) help speed the conversion of carbohydrates into energy molecules and, like histidine, help mitigate acid build-up.
- More of the branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, valine and isoleucine serve as another fuel source, aid in recovery and help maintain mental focus and reduce fatigue by limiting the central nervous system's production of serotonin.
- Adding a new ingredient, the amino acid complex Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (OKG), limits the body's tendency to break down muscle protein tissue during extremely hard training and racing days. OKG keeps you going longer and promotes a speedier recovery.
Energize, Sustain, Recover - GU's formula for success.
GU Roctane Energy Gel packs 100 calories into every packet. 100 calories is an ideal serving size to suck down 15 minutes before training or racing in order to top off your electrolyte and glucose stores, followed by one every 30-45 minutes along the way, washed down with a few sips of fluid.
For optimum results, always drink at least 24-30 ounces of fluid per hour during training and racing.
Exact GU Roctane intake depends on the intensity of your pursuit and your body weight and fitness level. The fitter you are and the more efficient your metabolism, the more GU Roctane you can eat each hour, up to approximately 340 calories every 60 minutes.
Gu Roctane Energy Gel is kosher and gluten free.