The Stick Power
The Power Stick® is 28" long with a 16 spindle construction making it easy to address most muscle groups. Popular among racquet sport athletes and people with a moderately increased body mass, the Power Stick® has been featured on the Today Show
. It is used to roll knots out of muscles providing myofascial release and trigger point therapy for immediate temporary pain relief. This therapeutic procedure inactivates trigger points (muscle knots/kinks), warms muscles, increases circulation and encourages nutrient rich blood flow. It relieves pain, increases range of motion, promotes flexibility and accelerates recovery.
The Stick® has been designed to provide relief for all muscle groups including arms, shoulders, legs, hips, neck and back. Tall and large individuals will require a longer Stick® to effectively work their body, while mid-sized and smaller individuals will enjoy a medium length Stick®.
- A typical warm-up for healthy muscle tissue is about 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group (about 30 seconds per area).
- Discomfort or pain is experienced when the spindles locate a bump or tender knot in the muscle - this is known a s a trigger point.
- Muscles containing trigger points are often weak, stiff and sore. They are frequently tight, easily tire and often hurt.
- Trigger points are contracted bundles of muscle that reg chronic trigger points need 20 additional passes over the involved area, and may require attention several times a day.
Tips for use:
- Keep muscles relaxed during rollout.
- Use on skin or through light clothing.
- The Stick® is waterproof and designed to bend without fear of breaking.
- It is not necessary to hurt the muscle in order to help the muscle.
- Use before, during and after periods of activity.
- For pinpoint rollout, slide hands onto spindles.
- The amount of pressure is always determined by the recipient.