Here are some interesting statistics about 2014 marathon finishers:
- 57% were male
- 43% were female
- 48% were 40 and older
- Average finish times for males: 4:19:27
- Average finish times for females: 4:44:19
The popularity of marathons is a great thing. Each year there are a variety of races, from classics like the Boston Marathon to fun runs like the Color run, to runs that are a bit more eccentric, like the Run for Your Life Zombie race.
If you are a seasoned marathon veteran or are just trying to finish your first, there are a few things you need to help you succeed. Here is a quick list of items that can you help you cross the finish line:
- Race number belt to easily hold your number.
- Camelbak Marathoner Vest to keep you hydrated
- Runguard to prevent chafing.
- Nutrition to keep up your energy.
- GPS watch to help you track your progress and let you know when you break your PR!